At Tauhoa School we strive to:
- Encourage students to become life long learners.
- Provide environment where all students feel safe, interested and motivated to participate and take ownership of their learning.
- Ensure akonga have access to the curriculum through the provision of a future focused learning environment.
- Recognise the achievement and progress of all students, in relation to the National Standards and the wider NZ Curriculum.
- Promote opportunities for student leadership within their learning community.
Tauhoa’s values are that:
Our akonga will be encouraged to be the best that they can be in all areas of their lives. We will nurture acceptance and respect of others and self, acknowledging diversity and uniqueness, within themselves, the local community and the wider world. Participation in community/external events, through valuing rural and traditional elements of the school community.